- Week 4 Picks
- Sep 30, 2014 12:59 am
- Yes, we know all everybody wants to talk about is Seymour-Ansonia. We’re almost there. But we’ve gotta tackle the rest of the Week 4 action before we...more »
- Week 3 Live Scoreboard
- Sep 26, 2014 3:18 pm
- Week 3 is here at last. We’re excited. Our headline game is tonight’s monumental game at Veterans Field between Naugatuck (1-0) and Holy Cross...more »
SPB’s High School Football
- Top performers: Week 3 review
- Sep 29, 2014 6:00 am
- Mykel Morris, Central: Accounted for an astounding 505 yards in 24-21 comeback victory over Ludlowe, the Hilltoppers’ first win. Ran 22 times for...more »
- Darien pass offense struggles in 41-0 Bassick rout
- Sep 28, 2014 11:42 am
- A 41-point margin of victory wouldn’t indicate much in the way of offensive struggles, but the Blue Wave’s first half against Bassick Saturday...more »
- Week 3: Chargers 40, Wilby 0.
- Sep 27, 2014 10:19 am
Missing two star players (RB Tajik Bagley and QB Jai'Quan McKnight), big blue scored early and often in a 40-0 rout of host Wilby. T
Tyler Bailey...more »
- Aulenti receives Lopez award from LPGA Tour
- Sep 17, 2014 1:25 pm
- Angela Aulenti (pictured above), the head professional at Sterling Farms Golf Club in Stamford, iwill receive the 2014 Nancy Lopez Golf Achievement...more »
- Kelley wins CT Section PGA crown
- Aug 27, 2014 3:10 pm
- Tony Kelley of Wyckoff Country Club shot an even-par 71 Wednesday to win the Connecticut Section Senior PGA championship by two shots at Mill River...more »
Register High School Sports
- Questions answered on Super Tuesday Part I
- Sep 17, 2013 11:32 pm
We had questions about which soccer teams could rise in the SCC. Here are some of those answers:
Can anyone beat Fairfield Prep? Answer: Yes. Shelton...more »
by Jenny Ames | DMS Running Club | Sep 11, 2012 9:53 am | Comments (0)
On Monday, September 10, 2012 the Derby Middle School Cross Country Team faced off against Waterbury’s North End Middle School in a 1.7 mile race, the first meet of the year.
Kiley Rodriguez led the girls with a time of 11:35, followed by Rachel Fleischer, Sara Gerckens, Nicole Rizzo, and Nicolette Tasi.
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 11, 2012 9:39 am | Comments (0)
Coach Patrick Lynch sent along this information about the 2012-2012 Ansonia-Derby Girls Travel Basketball Team:
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 9, 2012 10:22 pm | Comments (1)
Rich Marazzi, of Ansonia, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame of the Southern Connecticut Diamond Club, Inc. at a dinner on October 17, 2012 at Monticello’s in Meriden.
Marazzi is the baseball rules consultant for the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox and Toronto Blue Jays. He has also served the Houston Astros, Arizona Diamondbacks and Cleveland Indians in the same capacity.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jul 17, 2012 2:21 pm | Comments (0)
The Shelton High School Pom Pon team is hosting a camp for girls entering grades one through eight.
Participants need to register by July 21 for the August camp.
Please see the flier below for more information.
by Diane King | Lorraine Judd Dance Center | Jul 5, 2012 10:21 am | Comments (0)
The Lorraine Judd Dance Center in Seymour recently held its annual dance recital, including this number to Billy Joel’s Goodnight Saigon.
This piece of music always reminded me of how precious life is, and those who have sacrificed their own lives for us.
by STAFF | Jul 5, 2012 9:30 am | Comments (0)
Members of the Shelton Pop Warner team will have some added protection when their season starts next month.
That’s because the organization got a grant for 24 new high-tech football helmets.
The grant for the new helmets — the model is called the Schutt Recruit Hybrid — was obtained via the National Pop Warner program.
by Liana Teixeira | Jun 25, 2012 8:44 pm | Comments (0)
Heidi Schneider, a four-year Ansonia High School basketball player, was encouraged to pursue the sport after attending a basketball camp in Derby when she was in 5th grade.
But there was nothing like that program in Ansonia — until this week.
Ansonia High School Girls Basketball Coach Patrick Lynch launched a free summer basketball camp this week for girls entering 5th through 9th grades in Ansonia, as a way to give the younger girls more exposure to the sport.
“I think this is great for them,” said Schneider, who graduated this year, and came back to help out at the new camp. “When I was little, they didn’t have anything like this.”
by Derby Pop Warner | Jun 20, 2012 1:08 pm | Comments (0)
Derby Pop Warner would like to congratulate the recipients of the Southern Connecticut Pop Warner (SCPW) scholarships.
SCPW awarded the scholarships at their June meeting.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jun 19, 2012 1:41 pm | Comments (0)
Several local runners completed the Mount Washington road race June 16. It’s America’s steepest, all-uphill road race, clocking in at 7.6 miles. Mount Washington is in Gorham, N.H.
by STAFF | Jun 10, 2012 10:45 am | Comments (0)
The Shelton Gaels dominated South Windsor Saturday to win the class LL state baseball championship 7-2.
It’s Shelton’s first state title since 1976.