- State Semifinals Preview
- Dec 4, 2013 6:24 pm
- For the second straight year, the NVL boasts two Class S semifinalists on opposite sides of the draw, and both are the higher seeds entering Saturday...more »
- State Quarterfinals Live Scoreboard
- Dec 3, 2013 3:00 pm
- By the end of the night, there will only be 16 teams remaining in this Connecticut high school football season. Ansonia and Woodland hope they’re two...more »
SPB’s High School Football
- Did Arkeel Newsome get robbed of player of year award?
- Dec 5, 2013 7:02 pm
- And the winner of the 2013 Connecticut Gatorade Player of the Year award is……..? Dario Highsmith. Quarterback. Middletown. Um, do I have the wrong...more »
- Highsmith named Gatorade Player of the Year
- Dec 5, 2013 2:26 pm
- Middletown quarterback Dario Highsmith has been named the Connecticut Gatorade Player of the Year. The junior will lead the No. 4 Blue Dragons into...more »
- 2013: Ansonia 49, Coginchaug 21 - State Quarter FInals
- Dec 5, 2013 12:03 pm
The Chargers, playing without their starting quarterback Jai'Quan McKnight (ankle) turned the keys to the offense over to Senior Arkeel Newsome to...more »
- Thanksgiving! Ansonia 66, Naugatuck 28
- Nov 30, 2013 9:16 am
The Chargers moved to 12-0 on the season, beating Naugatuck 66-28 on Thanksgiving morning. They won their 40th straight game, and now lead the...more »
- Guthrie to enter CSGA Hall of Fame Thursday
- Dec 4, 2013 6:55 pm
- Former Connecticut State Golf Association president Bruce Guthrie will be inducted into the CSGA Hall of Fame on Thursday at Lake of Isles in North...more »
- New Haven County Classic reaches 10th year
- Oct 4, 2013 3:20 pm
- The First Tee of Connecticut held its 10th anniversary hosting of the New Haven County Classic on Tuesday at Madison Country Club.The tournament has...more »
Register High School Sports
- Questions answered on Super Tuesday Part I
- Sep 17, 2013 11:32 pm
We had questions about which soccer teams could rise in the SCC. Here are some of those answers:
Can anyone beat Fairfield Prep? Answer: Yes. Shelton...more »
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 9, 2012 9:22 pm | Comments (1)
Rich Marazzi, of Ansonia, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame of the Southern Connecticut Diamond Club, Inc. at a dinner on October 17, 2012 at Monticello’s in Meriden.
Marazzi is the baseball rules consultant for the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox and Toronto Blue Jays. He has also served the Houston Astros, Arizona Diamondbacks and Cleveland Indians in the same capacity.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jul 17, 2012 1:21 pm | Comments (0)
The Shelton High School Pom Pon team is hosting a camp for girls entering grades one through eight.
Participants need to register by July 21 for the August camp.
Please see the flier below for more information.
by Diane King | Lorraine Judd Dance Center | Jul 5, 2012 9:21 am | Comments (0)
The Lorraine Judd Dance Center in Seymour recently held its annual dance recital, including this number to Billy Joel’s Goodnight Saigon.
This piece of music always reminded me of how precious life is, and those who have sacrificed their own lives for us.
by STAFF | Jul 5, 2012 8:30 am | Comments (0)
Members of the Shelton Pop Warner team will have some added protection when their season starts next month.
That’s because the organization got a grant for 24 new high-tech football helmets.
The grant for the new helmets — the model is called the Schutt Recruit Hybrid — was obtained via the National Pop Warner program.
by Liana Teixeira | Jun 25, 2012 7:44 pm | Comments (0)
Heidi Schneider, a four-year Ansonia High School basketball player, was encouraged to pursue the sport after attending a basketball camp in Derby when she was in 5th grade.
But there was nothing like that program in Ansonia — until this week.
Ansonia High School Girls Basketball Coach Patrick Lynch launched a free summer basketball camp this week for girls entering 5th through 9th grades in Ansonia, as a way to give the younger girls more exposure to the sport.
“I think this is great for them,” said Schneider, who graduated this year, and came back to help out at the new camp. “When I was little, they didn’t have anything like this.”
by Derby Pop Warner | Jun 20, 2012 12:08 pm | Comments (0)
Derby Pop Warner would like to congratulate the recipients of the Southern Connecticut Pop Warner (SCPW) scholarships.
SCPW awarded the scholarships at their June meeting.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jun 19, 2012 12:41 pm | Comments (0)
Several local runners completed the Mount Washington road race June 16. It’s America’s steepest, all-uphill road race, clocking in at 7.6 miles. Mount Washington is in Gorham, N.H.
by STAFF | Jun 10, 2012 9:45 am | Comments (0)
The Shelton Gaels dominated South Windsor Saturday to win the class LL state baseball championship 7-2.
It’s Shelton’s first state title since 1976.
by STAFF | Jun 10, 2012 6:58 am | Comments (1)
Hold your heads high, Derby!
A dream season for the Derby High School baseball team fell a bit short Saturday, as the Red Raiders lost to Cromwell 12-4 in the Class S state championship game.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jun 7, 2012 12:20 pm | Comments (0)
Ansonia High School cheerleaders are hosting a summer cheerleading clinic to help raise money for traveling expenses for upcoming competitions.
The clinic will take place on June 23 -24 at Nolan Field In Ansonia.