- Benefit Dinner for Dennis Gleason
- Jul 13, 2014 11:49 am
- A benefit dinner for Dennis Gleason, the former athletic director at Ansonia and Wolcott, is planned for July 21 to help Dennis and his family as...more »
- NVL Passing League Schedule
- Jun 30, 2014 3:14 pm
- We’ve got the schedule for the first NVL passing league, which will be held throughout July at Naugatuck’s Veterans Field. Unfortunately only five...more »
SPB’s High School Football
- Grip It & Rip It Roundup
- Jul 15, 2014 7:48 pm
- Here’s everything you need to know about Saturday’s 7th Annual Grip It and Rip It 7-on-7 passing tournament. Competition provides teams a chance to...more »
- FCIAC teams compete at Grip It & Rip It
- Jul 13, 2014 1:02 am
- Here’s a rundown of the FCIAC teams that competed in Friday and Saturday’s Grip It & Rip It 7 on 7 competition at New Canaan High School. The...more »
- 2014 Schedule
- Mar 26, 2014 11:19 am
2014 - Varsity
Overall 0-0; 0-0 NVL Brass Division
Date/Time Opponent Result Fri. 9/12 7:00pm at Oxford Fri. 9/19 7:00pm./td Derby Fri. 9/26...
- 2013 Ansonia Football Banquet Information
- Mar 5, 2014 8:39 am
- My three picks to win the British Open
- Jul 16, 2014 11:48 am
- 1. Justin Rose: Hottest golfer right now after winning his last two tournaments, including the Scottish Open on Sunday. He would love to win this...more »
- Top-seeded Grenus wins CT Junior Amateur
- Jul 10, 2014 5:24 pm
- Evan Grenus from TPC River Highlands overcame an early deficit to win the 73rd Connecticut Junior Amateur championship Thursday, beating Max...more »
Register High School Sports
- Questions answered on Super Tuesday Part I
- Sep 17, 2013 11:32 pm
We had questions about which soccer teams could rise in the SCC. Here are some of those answers:
Can anyone beat Fairfield Prep? Answer: Yes. Shelton...more »
by Jenny Ames | DMS Running Club | Sep 11, 2012 9:53 am | Comments (0)
On Monday, September 10, 2012 the Derby Middle School Cross Country Team faced off against Waterbury’s North End Middle School in a 1.7 mile race, the first meet of the year.
Kiley Rodriguez led the girls with a time of 11:35, followed by Rachel Fleischer, Sara Gerckens, Nicole Rizzo, and Nicolette Tasi.
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 11, 2012 9:39 am | Comments (0)
Coach Patrick Lynch sent along this information about the 2012-2012 Ansonia-Derby Girls Travel Basketball Team:
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 9, 2012 10:22 pm | Comments (1)
Rich Marazzi, of Ansonia, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame of the Southern Connecticut Diamond Club, Inc. at a dinner on October 17, 2012 at Monticello’s in Meriden.
Marazzi is the baseball rules consultant for the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox and Toronto Blue Jays. He has also served the Houston Astros, Arizona Diamondbacks and Cleveland Indians in the same capacity.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jul 17, 2012 2:21 pm | Comments (0)
The Shelton High School Pom Pon team is hosting a camp for girls entering grades one through eight.
Participants need to register by July 21 for the August camp.
Please see the flier below for more information.
by Diane King | Lorraine Judd Dance Center | Jul 5, 2012 10:21 am | Comments (0)
The Lorraine Judd Dance Center in Seymour recently held its annual dance recital, including this number to Billy Joel’s Goodnight Saigon.
This piece of music always reminded me of how precious life is, and those who have sacrificed their own lives for us.
by STAFF | Jul 5, 2012 9:30 am | Comments (0)
Members of the Shelton Pop Warner team will have some added protection when their season starts next month.
That’s because the organization got a grant for 24 new high-tech football helmets.
The grant for the new helmets — the model is called the Schutt Recruit Hybrid — was obtained via the National Pop Warner program.
by Liana Teixeira | Jun 25, 2012 8:44 pm | Comments (0)
Heidi Schneider, a four-year Ansonia High School basketball player, was encouraged to pursue the sport after attending a basketball camp in Derby when she was in 5th grade.
But there was nothing like that program in Ansonia — until this week.
Ansonia High School Girls Basketball Coach Patrick Lynch launched a free summer basketball camp this week for girls entering 5th through 9th grades in Ansonia, as a way to give the younger girls more exposure to the sport.
“I think this is great for them,” said Schneider, who graduated this year, and came back to help out at the new camp. “When I was little, they didn’t have anything like this.”
by Derby Pop Warner | Jun 20, 2012 1:08 pm | Comments (0)
Derby Pop Warner would like to congratulate the recipients of the Southern Connecticut Pop Warner (SCPW) scholarships.
SCPW awarded the scholarships at their June meeting.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jun 19, 2012 1:41 pm | Comments (0)
Several local runners completed the Mount Washington road race June 16. It’s America’s steepest, all-uphill road race, clocking in at 7.6 miles. Mount Washington is in Gorham, N.H.
by STAFF | Jun 10, 2012 10:45 am | Comments (0)
The Shelton Gaels dominated South Windsor Saturday to win the class LL state baseball championship 7-2.
It’s Shelton’s first state title since 1976.