- Game of the Week: Derby at Ansonia
- Sep 17, 2014 11:35 am
- Our Week 2 Game of the Week would have been the real Game of the Week whether or not we had actually picked it, so we picked it. Really, though,...more »
- Week 2 Picks
- Sep 15, 2014 11:36 pm
- Now that we’ve all got our feet wet, it’s time for Week 2 in the NVL. Crosby and Wolcott finally get their seasons started after enduring Week 1...more »
SPB’s High School Football
- Elite 8: Week 2
- Sep 17, 2014 8:13 pm
- Hearst Connecticut Media’s sports staff rates the top regional high school football programs (points, first-place votes in parentheses): 1. DARIEN...more »
- Week 1: What’s hot, what’s not?
- Sep 16, 2014 6:00 am
- WHAT’S HOT SCC/FCIAC Challenge: For the second straight year, the FCIAC got the edge in the battle between power conferences, after Trinity Catholic...more »
- Week 1: Ansonia rolls over Oxford, 45-0
- Sep 12, 2014 9:15 am
Welcome to the NVL Wolverines!
The Chargers dominated the young, inexperienced Oxford Wolverines last night, winning 45-0.
Ansonia cruised to their...more »
- Aulenti receives Lopez award from LPGA Tour
- Sep 17, 2014 1:25 pm
- Angela Aulenti (pictured above), the head professional at Sterling Farms Golf Club in Stamford, iwill receive the 2014 Nancy Lopez Golf Achievement...more »
- Kelley wins CT Section PGA crown
- Aug 27, 2014 3:10 pm
- Tony Kelley of Wyckoff Country Club shot an even-par 71 Wednesday to win the Connecticut Section Senior PGA championship by two shots at Mill River...more »
Register High School Sports
- Questions answered on Super Tuesday Part I
- Sep 17, 2013 11:32 pm
We had questions about which soccer teams could rise in the SCC. Here are some of those answers:
Can anyone beat Fairfield Prep? Answer: Yes. Shelton...more »
by Jenny Ames | DMS Running Club | Sep 11, 2012 9:53 am | Comments (0)
On Monday, September 10, 2012 the Derby Middle School Cross Country Team faced off against Waterbury’s North End Middle School in a 1.7 mile race, the first meet of the year.
Kiley Rodriguez led the girls with a time of 11:35, followed by Rachel Fleischer, Sara Gerckens, Nicole Rizzo, and Nicolette Tasi.
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 11, 2012 9:39 am | Comments (0)
Coach Patrick Lynch sent along this information about the 2012-2012 Ansonia-Derby Girls Travel Basketball Team:
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 9, 2012 10:22 pm | Comments (1)
Rich Marazzi, of Ansonia, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame of the Southern Connecticut Diamond Club, Inc. at a dinner on October 17, 2012 at Monticello’s in Meriden.
Marazzi is the baseball rules consultant for the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox and Toronto Blue Jays. He has also served the Houston Astros, Arizona Diamondbacks and Cleveland Indians in the same capacity.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jul 17, 2012 2:21 pm | Comments (0)
The Shelton High School Pom Pon team is hosting a camp for girls entering grades one through eight.
Participants need to register by July 21 for the August camp.
Please see the flier below for more information.
by Diane King | Lorraine Judd Dance Center | Jul 5, 2012 10:21 am | Comments (0)
The Lorraine Judd Dance Center in Seymour recently held its annual dance recital, including this number to Billy Joel’s Goodnight Saigon.
This piece of music always reminded me of how precious life is, and those who have sacrificed their own lives for us.
by STAFF | Jul 5, 2012 9:30 am | Comments (0)
Members of the Shelton Pop Warner team will have some added protection when their season starts next month.
That’s because the organization got a grant for 24 new high-tech football helmets.
The grant for the new helmets — the model is called the Schutt Recruit Hybrid — was obtained via the National Pop Warner program.
by Liana Teixeira | Jun 25, 2012 8:44 pm | Comments (0)
Heidi Schneider, a four-year Ansonia High School basketball player, was encouraged to pursue the sport after attending a basketball camp in Derby when she was in 5th grade.
But there was nothing like that program in Ansonia — until this week.
Ansonia High School Girls Basketball Coach Patrick Lynch launched a free summer basketball camp this week for girls entering 5th through 9th grades in Ansonia, as a way to give the younger girls more exposure to the sport.
“I think this is great for them,” said Schneider, who graduated this year, and came back to help out at the new camp. “When I was little, they didn’t have anything like this.”
by Derby Pop Warner | Jun 20, 2012 1:08 pm | Comments (0)
Derby Pop Warner would like to congratulate the recipients of the Southern Connecticut Pop Warner (SCPW) scholarships.
SCPW awarded the scholarships at their June meeting.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jun 19, 2012 1:41 pm | Comments (0)
Several local runners completed the Mount Washington road race June 16. It’s America’s steepest, all-uphill road race, clocking in at 7.6 miles. Mount Washington is in Gorham, N.H.
by STAFF | Jun 10, 2012 10:45 am | Comments (0)
The Shelton Gaels dominated South Windsor Saturday to win the class LL state baseball championship 7-2.
It’s Shelton’s first state title since 1976.