- 2014 All-NVL Football Teams
- Dec 18, 2014 12:45 pm
- This year the NVL selected All-NVL, All-Brass, All-Copper, All-Iron and All-City teams. Here they are. All-NVL Offense QB: Jason Bradley (Naugatuck)...more »
- State Championships Live Scoreboard
- Dec 13, 2014 7:30 am
- At long last, the final day of the 2014 Connecticut high school football season is here. Brookfield claimed the Class M-Large championship Friday...more »
SPB’s High School Football
- 3 Greenwich assistants follow Albonizio out the door
- Jan 23, 2015 11:45 am
- News came down yesterday that long-time Greenwich football coach Rich Albonizio was stepping down as a result of outside pressure to resign. Today...more »
- Greenwich’s Rich Albonizio resigns after 18 seasons
- Jan 22, 2015 5:12 pm
- Rich Albonizio, who guided the Greenwich High School football team to five FCIAC championships and three state titles, resigned as coach of the...more »
- State Semi-Finals: Ansonia 35, Windham 14
- Dec 10, 2014 10:52 am
The Chargers beat the Windham Whippets 35-14 to advance to their 5th Straight Championship game.
The weather was awful - cold and very rainy. But...more »
- Thanksgiving: Ansonia 47, Naugatuck 12
- Dec 1, 2014 10:32 am
In the highly anticipated matchup between two of the NVL's top teams, Ansonia came out on top - convincingly.
Behind the running of Tajik Bagley (30...more »
- Pace, May, Boyko to enter CSGA Hall of Fame Thursday
- Dec 3, 2014 4:56 pm
- Roy Pace, Ted May and Betty Boyko will be inducted into the Connecticut State Golf Association Hall of Fame this evening at Great Neck Country Club...more »
- Flood elected president of Connecticut Section PGA
- Dec 2, 2014 9:52 pm
- William Flood Jr., the head pro at Rock Ridge Country Club in Newtown, was elected the 34th president of the Connecticut Section PGA during the...more »
Register High School Sports
- Questions answered on Super Tuesday Part I
- Sep 17, 2013 11:32 pm
We had questions about which soccer teams could rise in the SCC. Here are some of those answers:
Can anyone beat Fairfield Prep? Answer: Yes. Shelton...more »
by Eliot Schickler | Dec 7, 2012 4:38 pm | Comments (0)
Going in to Saturday’s Class S championship football game in East Hartford, most would consider the Ansonia Chargers favorites over the North Branford Thunderbirds.
But as Chargers coach Tom Brockett pointed out, North Branford won’t be pushovers.
“North Branford is going to be a great challenge for us,” Brockett said. “They are well-coached, have great players at the skill positions and are led by a great quarterback. They have one of the best offenses in Connecticut.”
The Chargers are gunning for their 18th state title Saturday at Rentschler Field. Top-seeded Ansonia (13-0) faces third-seeded North Branford (12-0) at 10:30 a.m. on UConn’s field.
by Jenny Ames | DMS Running Club | Sep 11, 2012 8:53 am | Comments (0)
On Monday, September 10, 2012 the Derby Middle School Cross Country Team faced off against Waterbury’s North End Middle School in a 1.7 mile race, the first meet of the year.
Kiley Rodriguez led the girls with a time of 11:35, followed by Rachel Fleischer, Sara Gerckens, Nicole Rizzo, and Nicolette Tasi.
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 11, 2012 8:39 am | Comments (0)
Coach Patrick Lynch sent along this information about the 2012-2012 Ansonia-Derby Girls Travel Basketball Team:
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 9, 2012 9:22 pm | Comments (1)
Rich Marazzi, of Ansonia, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame of the Southern Connecticut Diamond Club, Inc. at a dinner on October 17, 2012 at Monticello’s in Meriden.
Marazzi is the baseball rules consultant for the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox and Toronto Blue Jays. He has also served the Houston Astros, Arizona Diamondbacks and Cleveland Indians in the same capacity.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jul 17, 2012 1:21 pm | Comments (0)
The Shelton High School Pom Pon team is hosting a camp for girls entering grades one through eight.
Participants need to register by July 21 for the August camp.
Please see the flier below for more information.
by Diane King | Lorraine Judd Dance Center | Jul 5, 2012 9:21 am | Comments (0)
The Lorraine Judd Dance Center in Seymour recently held its annual dance recital, including this number to Billy Joel’s Goodnight Saigon.
This piece of music always reminded me of how precious life is, and those who have sacrificed their own lives for us.
by STAFF | Jul 5, 2012 8:30 am | Comments (0)
Members of the Shelton Pop Warner team will have some added protection when their season starts next month.
That’s because the organization got a grant for 24 new high-tech football helmets.
The grant for the new helmets — the model is called the Schutt Recruit Hybrid — was obtained via the National Pop Warner program.
by Liana Teixeira | Jun 25, 2012 7:44 pm | Comments (0)
Heidi Schneider, a four-year Ansonia High School basketball player, was encouraged to pursue the sport after attending a basketball camp in Derby when she was in 5th grade.
But there was nothing like that program in Ansonia — until this week.
Ansonia High School Girls Basketball Coach Patrick Lynch launched a free summer basketball camp this week for girls entering 5th through 9th grades in Ansonia, as a way to give the younger girls more exposure to the sport.
“I think this is great for them,” said Schneider, who graduated this year, and came back to help out at the new camp. “When I was little, they didn’t have anything like this.”
by Derby Pop Warner | Jun 20, 2012 12:08 pm | Comments (0)
Derby Pop Warner would like to congratulate the recipients of the Southern Connecticut Pop Warner (SCPW) scholarships.
SCPW awarded the scholarships at their June meeting.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jun 19, 2012 12:41 pm | Comments (0)
Several local runners completed the Mount Washington road race June 16. It’s America’s steepest, all-uphill road race, clocking in at 7.6 miles. Mount Washington is in Gorham, N.H.