- Donations for Local Family in Need
- Mar 13, 2014 2:42 pm
- We are writing this hoping that our community can somehow help a local family reach its goal to help Joe Deptula Sr. battle Bulpar Palsy, a form of...more »
- Watertown Tabs Luigi Velardi as New Head Coach
- Mar 13, 2014 10:48 am
- Watertown athletic director Roberto Medic confirmed Thursday morning that the Indians have selected longtime area assistant coach Luigi Velardi as...more »
SPB’s High School Football
- Updated: Bassick’s Lewis heading to Law
- Mar 5, 2014 5:00 pm
- UPDATE: Derrick Lewis confirmed Monday that he’s headed to Milford as the new coach of Jonathan Law’s football program. Lewis said he pondered...more »
- CIAC finalizes 32-team, 8-champion playoffs
- Mar 4, 2014 1:12 pm
- The debate over the state postseason setup has been settled, at least for now. The CIAC’s football committee met last Tuesday to finalize plans to...more »
- 2013 Ansonia Football Banquet Information
- Mar 5, 2014 8:39 am
- Upcoming Ansonia Football Comedy Show Fundraiser!
- Feb 28, 2014 9:29 am
- Travelers extends title sponsorship 10 years through 2024 tournament
- Feb 27, 2014 2:47 pm
HARTFORD >> The discussions between Travelers and the PGA Tour went on for months, long past the original deadline of last September.
The discussions...more »
- Future of Travelers Championship to be determined Thursday
- Feb 26, 2014 2:45 pm
- Travelers Insurance has called a press conference for Thursday morning to discuss the future of its title sponsorship with the Travelers Championship...more »
Register High School Sports
- Questions answered on Super Tuesday Part I
- Sep 17, 2013 11:32 pm
We had questions about which soccer teams could rise in the SCC. Here are some of those answers:
Can anyone beat Fairfield Prep? Answer: Yes. Shelton...more »
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 9, 2012 10:22 pm | Comments (1)
Rich Marazzi, of Ansonia, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame of the Southern Connecticut Diamond Club, Inc. at a dinner on October 17, 2012 at Monticello’s in Meriden.
Marazzi is the baseball rules consultant for the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox and Toronto Blue Jays. He has also served the Houston Astros, Arizona Diamondbacks and Cleveland Indians in the same capacity.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jul 17, 2012 2:21 pm | Comments (0)
The Shelton High School Pom Pon team is hosting a camp for girls entering grades one through eight.
Participants need to register by July 21 for the August camp.
Please see the flier below for more information.
by Diane King | Lorraine Judd Dance Center | Jul 5, 2012 10:21 am | Comments (0)
The Lorraine Judd Dance Center in Seymour recently held its annual dance recital, including this number to Billy Joel’s Goodnight Saigon.
This piece of music always reminded me of how precious life is, and those who have sacrificed their own lives for us.
by STAFF | Jul 5, 2012 9:30 am | Comments (0)
Members of the Shelton Pop Warner team will have some added protection when their season starts next month.
That’s because the organization got a grant for 24 new high-tech football helmets.
The grant for the new helmets — the model is called the Schutt Recruit Hybrid — was obtained via the National Pop Warner program.
by Liana Teixeira | Jun 25, 2012 8:44 pm | Comments (0)
Heidi Schneider, a four-year Ansonia High School basketball player, was encouraged to pursue the sport after attending a basketball camp in Derby when she was in 5th grade.
But there was nothing like that program in Ansonia — until this week.
Ansonia High School Girls Basketball Coach Patrick Lynch launched a free summer basketball camp this week for girls entering 5th through 9th grades in Ansonia, as a way to give the younger girls more exposure to the sport.
“I think this is great for them,” said Schneider, who graduated this year, and came back to help out at the new camp. “When I was little, they didn’t have anything like this.”
by Derby Pop Warner | Jun 20, 2012 1:08 pm | Comments (0)
Derby Pop Warner would like to congratulate the recipients of the Southern Connecticut Pop Warner (SCPW) scholarships.
SCPW awarded the scholarships at their June meeting.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jun 19, 2012 1:41 pm | Comments (0)
Several local runners completed the Mount Washington road race June 16. It’s America’s steepest, all-uphill road race, clocking in at 7.6 miles. Mount Washington is in Gorham, N.H.
by STAFF | Jun 10, 2012 10:45 am | Comments (0)
The Shelton Gaels dominated South Windsor Saturday to win the class LL state baseball championship 7-2.
It’s Shelton’s first state title since 1976.
by STAFF | Jun 10, 2012 7:58 am | Comments (1)
Hold your heads high, Derby!
A dream season for the Derby High School baseball team fell a bit short Saturday, as the Red Raiders lost to Cromwell 12-4 in the Class S state championship game.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jun 7, 2012 1:20 pm | Comments (0)
Ansonia High School cheerleaders are hosting a summer cheerleading clinic to help raise money for traveling expenses for upcoming competitions.
The clinic will take place on June 23 -24 at Nolan Field In Ansonia.