- Week 11 Live Scoreboard
- Nov 21, 2014 4:00 pm
- Hey, it’s the final week before Thanksgiving. Good stuff. Naugatuck and Wolcott are both in action as they try to set up chances at the NVL title on...more »
- Week 11 Picks
- Nov 18, 2014 2:01 pm
- We’re just one week away from Thanksgiving, and for many teams the merciful end of this season. Ansonia, Naugatuck and Wolcott are all still alive...more »
SPB’s High School Football
- Uni-Browse: Thanksgiving attire
- Nov 21, 2014 5:40 pm
- Last week, Darien broke out black and blue jerseys at home against North Haven. On Thanksgiving, they will be the home team and most likely in dark...more »
- Plenty of defensive highlights for Newtown in title-game victory
- Nov 21, 2014 1:02 am
- He started on the varsity team as a freshman, which is a rarity in any high school football program, and even more so in one as talented and deep...more »
- 2014: Ansonia 43, Kennedy 8
- Nov 17, 2014 8:18 pm
The Chargers moved to 9-1 on the season, beating the Kennedy Eagles 43-8 on Senior Night at Jarvis Stadium.
Tajik Bagley ran for 3 touchdowns, and...more »
- Chargers scramble to down Woodland, 30-28
- Nov 10, 2014 10:37 am
The Chargers rallied with 2 Touchdowns in the final 2 minutes to defeat Woodland, 30-28. Both of the the touchdowns cam on 4th & goal throws from...more »
- Rainaud wins CT Section Match Play
- Oct 15, 2014 4:27 pm
- Adam Rainaud of the Black Hall Club defeated top seed and defending champion William Street (New Haven CC) 4 and 3 to win the 24th Connecticut...more »
- Aulenti receives Lopez award from LPGA Tour
- Sep 17, 2014 1:25 pm
- Angela Aulenti (pictured above), the head professional at Sterling Farms Golf Club in Stamford, iwill receive the 2014 Nancy Lopez Golf Achievement...more »
Register High School Sports
- Questions answered on Super Tuesday Part I
- Sep 17, 2013 11:32 pm
We had questions about which soccer teams could rise in the SCC. Here are some of those answers:
Can anyone beat Fairfield Prep? Answer: Yes. Shelton...more »
by Jenny Ames | DMS Running Club | Sep 11, 2012 8:53 am | Comments (0)
On Monday, September 10, 2012 the Derby Middle School Cross Country Team faced off against Waterbury’s North End Middle School in a 1.7 mile race, the first meet of the year.
Kiley Rodriguez led the girls with a time of 11:35, followed by Rachel Fleischer, Sara Gerckens, Nicole Rizzo, and Nicolette Tasi.
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 11, 2012 8:39 am | Comments (0)
Coach Patrick Lynch sent along this information about the 2012-2012 Ansonia-Derby Girls Travel Basketball Team:
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 9, 2012 9:22 pm | Comments (1)
Rich Marazzi, of Ansonia, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame of the Southern Connecticut Diamond Club, Inc. at a dinner on October 17, 2012 at Monticello’s in Meriden.
Marazzi is the baseball rules consultant for the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox and Toronto Blue Jays. He has also served the Houston Astros, Arizona Diamondbacks and Cleveland Indians in the same capacity.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jul 17, 2012 1:21 pm | Comments (0)
The Shelton High School Pom Pon team is hosting a camp for girls entering grades one through eight.
Participants need to register by July 21 for the August camp.
Please see the flier below for more information.
by Diane King | Lorraine Judd Dance Center | Jul 5, 2012 9:21 am | Comments (0)
The Lorraine Judd Dance Center in Seymour recently held its annual dance recital, including this number to Billy Joel’s Goodnight Saigon.
This piece of music always reminded me of how precious life is, and those who have sacrificed their own lives for us.
by STAFF | Jul 5, 2012 8:30 am | Comments (0)
Members of the Shelton Pop Warner team will have some added protection when their season starts next month.
That’s because the organization got a grant for 24 new high-tech football helmets.
The grant for the new helmets — the model is called the Schutt Recruit Hybrid — was obtained via the National Pop Warner program.
by Liana Teixeira | Jun 25, 2012 7:44 pm | Comments (0)
Heidi Schneider, a four-year Ansonia High School basketball player, was encouraged to pursue the sport after attending a basketball camp in Derby when she was in 5th grade.
But there was nothing like that program in Ansonia — until this week.
Ansonia High School Girls Basketball Coach Patrick Lynch launched a free summer basketball camp this week for girls entering 5th through 9th grades in Ansonia, as a way to give the younger girls more exposure to the sport.
“I think this is great for them,” said Schneider, who graduated this year, and came back to help out at the new camp. “When I was little, they didn’t have anything like this.”
by Derby Pop Warner | Jun 20, 2012 12:08 pm | Comments (0)
Derby Pop Warner would like to congratulate the recipients of the Southern Connecticut Pop Warner (SCPW) scholarships.
SCPW awarded the scholarships at their June meeting.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jun 19, 2012 12:41 pm | Comments (0)
Several local runners completed the Mount Washington road race June 16. It’s America’s steepest, all-uphill road race, clocking in at 7.6 miles. Mount Washington is in Gorham, N.H.
by STAFF | Jun 10, 2012 9:45 am | Comments (0)
The Shelton Gaels dominated South Windsor Saturday to win the class LL state baseball championship 7-2.
It’s Shelton’s first state title since 1976.