- Mid-Winter NVL Football Updates
- Feb 12, 2015 12:16 pm
- Howdy, friends! We’re back. We apologize for being away for so long. To be honest, we needed a couple of months after enduring that season. There...more »
- 2014 All-NVL Football Teams
- Dec 18, 2014 12:45 pm
- This year the NVL selected All-NVL, All-Brass, All-Copper, All-Iron and All-City teams. Here they are. All-NVL Offense QB: Jason Bradley (Naugatuck)...more »
SPB’s High School Football
- ND-Fairfield hires St. Joseph assistant as new head coach
- Apr 1, 2015 2:13 pm
- Notre Dame-Fairfield hired Chris Sadler to be its new football coach, the school announced Wednesday in a release. Sadler spent the last 10 years as...more »
- Gordon steps down after two seasons at Central
- Feb 23, 2015 12:12 am
- Right before the start of the school year, Brian Gordon was named assistant principal at Central High. He stayed on as the school’s football coach...more »
- State Semi-Finals: Ansonia 35, Windham 14
- Dec 10, 2014 10:52 am
The Chargers beat the Windham Whippets 35-14 to advance to their 5th Straight Championship game.
The weather was awful - cold and very rainy. But...more »
- Thanksgiving: Ansonia 47, Naugatuck 12
- Dec 1, 2014 10:32 am
In the highly anticipated matchup between two of the NVL's top teams, Ansonia came out on top - convincingly.
Behind the running of Tajik Bagley (30...more »
- My three picks to win the Masters
- Apr 8, 2015 4:14 pm
- 1. Jason Day: In the three Masters in which he played all 72 holes, Day’s worst finish was a tie for 20th last year. Destined to finally win a...more »
- Garcia, Snedeker, Mahan returning to Travelers
- Apr 2, 2015 1:58 pm
- The Travelers Championship has already added its third golfer ranked among the top 10 players in the world to its field in June.The tournament...more »
Register High School Sports
- Questions answered on Super Tuesday Part I
- Sep 17, 2013 11:32 pm
We had questions about which soccer teams could rise in the SCC. Here are some of those answers:
Can anyone beat Fairfield Prep? Answer: Yes. Shelton...more »
by Press Release | Jan 7, 2013 1:27 pm | Comments (0)
The Ansonia/Derby travel basketball teams came off a two-week break for the holidays Sunday and played four solid games at Derby High School.
Each team continues to improve and have really shown drastic improvement over the past three months.
The 5th grade team secured their first win of the season over Old Saybrook. They used balanced scoring and great defense to secure the 27-11 victory.
by Eliot Schickler | Dec 7, 2012 5:38 pm | Comments (0)
Going in to Saturday’s Class S championship football game in East Hartford, most would consider the Ansonia Chargers favorites over the North Branford Thunderbirds.
But as Chargers coach Tom Brockett pointed out, North Branford won’t be pushovers.
“North Branford is going to be a great challenge for us,” Brockett said. “They are well-coached, have great players at the skill positions and are led by a great quarterback. They have one of the best offenses in Connecticut.”
The Chargers are gunning for their 18th state title Saturday at Rentschler Field. Top-seeded Ansonia (13-0) faces third-seeded North Branford (12-0) at 10:30 a.m. on UConn’s field.
by Jenny Ames | DMS Running Club | Sep 11, 2012 9:53 am | Comments (0)
On Monday, September 10, 2012 the Derby Middle School Cross Country Team faced off against Waterbury’s North End Middle School in a 1.7 mile race, the first meet of the year.
Kiley Rodriguez led the girls with a time of 11:35, followed by Rachel Fleischer, Sara Gerckens, Nicole Rizzo, and Nicolette Tasi.
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 11, 2012 9:39 am | Comments (0)
Coach Patrick Lynch sent along this information about the 2012-2012 Ansonia-Derby Girls Travel Basketball Team:
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 9, 2012 10:22 pm | Comments (1)
Rich Marazzi, of Ansonia, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame of the Southern Connecticut Diamond Club, Inc. at a dinner on October 17, 2012 at Monticello’s in Meriden.
Marazzi is the baseball rules consultant for the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox and Toronto Blue Jays. He has also served the Houston Astros, Arizona Diamondbacks and Cleveland Indians in the same capacity.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jul 17, 2012 2:21 pm | Comments (0)
The Shelton High School Pom Pon team is hosting a camp for girls entering grades one through eight.
Participants need to register by July 21 for the August camp.
Please see the flier below for more information.
by Diane King | Lorraine Judd Dance Center | Jul 5, 2012 10:21 am | Comments (0)
The Lorraine Judd Dance Center in Seymour recently held its annual dance recital, including this number to Billy Joel’s Goodnight Saigon.
This piece of music always reminded me of how precious life is, and those who have sacrificed their own lives for us.
by STAFF | Jul 5, 2012 9:30 am | Comments (0)
Members of the Shelton Pop Warner team will have some added protection when their season starts next month.
That’s because the organization got a grant for 24 new high-tech football helmets.
The grant for the new helmets — the model is called the Schutt Recruit Hybrid — was obtained via the National Pop Warner program.
by Liana Teixeira | Jun 25, 2012 8:44 pm | Comments (0)
Heidi Schneider, a four-year Ansonia High School basketball player, was encouraged to pursue the sport after attending a basketball camp in Derby when she was in 5th grade.
But there was nothing like that program in Ansonia — until this week.
Ansonia High School Girls Basketball Coach Patrick Lynch launched a free summer basketball camp this week for girls entering 5th through 9th grades in Ansonia, as a way to give the younger girls more exposure to the sport.
“I think this is great for them,” said Schneider, who graduated this year, and came back to help out at the new camp. “When I was little, they didn’t have anything like this.”
by Derby Pop Warner | Jun 20, 2012 1:08 pm | Comments (0)
Derby Pop Warner would like to congratulate the recipients of the Southern Connecticut Pop Warner (SCPW) scholarships.
SCPW awarded the scholarships at their June meeting.