SPB’s High School Football
- Stratford picks up rare win over Masuk
- Nov 14, 2015 12:34 am
- Stratford registered its first win over Masuk in 17 years, defeating the Panthers 14-0 on Friday at Benedict Field. “This is the first time we’ve had...more »
- New Fairfield plays stout defense to upend Newtown
- Nov 13, 2015 11:26 pm
- New Fairfield picked up its eighth straight win, put itself firmly in the driver’s seat for the state tournament and dealt Newtown a 13-7 defeat,...more »
- Enjoy Jersey Mikes Subs on Sundays, Help Ansonia Football!
- Sep 11, 2015 11:12 am
- Your 2015 Ansonia Charger Captains!
- Sep 8, 2015 8:51 am
Tajik Bagley, Jake Palmieri, Tyler Bailey
- Iceberg Open at Tallwood CC Dec. 5
- Nov 22, 2015 5:53 pm
- The 23rd annual H.A. Butterworth Memorial Iceberg Open will be held Dec. 5 at Tallwood Country Club in Hebron.Golfers are encouraged in addition to...more »
- Gosler captures CT Section Match Play event
- Oct 15, 2015 3:10 pm
- Jordan Gosler, an assistant pro at Manchester Country Club, defeated Kevin Shea (Great Neck CC) 3 and 2 Thursday to win the CT Section PGA Match...more »
Register High School Sports
- Questions answered on Super Tuesday Part I
- Sep 17, 2013 11:32 pm
We had questions about which soccer teams could rise in the SCC. Here are some of those answers:
Can anyone beat Fairfield Prep? Answer: Yes. Shelton...more »
by John Niski | Director Of Athletics, Shelton Public Schools | Jun 2, 2015 9:15 am | Comments (0)
I am proud to announce the Shelton High School Spring SCC Scholar Athletes for Spring 2014-2015 — Austin Kothary and Regina Weissenberg.
by Press Release | May 26, 2015 8:37 am | Comments (0)
Below are results from Ansonia Soccer Club matches played May 24, courtesy of Arturo Solis, head referee.
by Press Release | May 18, 2015 11:22 am | Comments (0)
Below are results from Ansonia Soccer Club matches played May 17, courtesy of Arturo Solis, head referee.
by STAFF | May 13, 2015 12:58 pm | Comments (0)
Below are results from Ansonia Soccer Club matches played May 10, courtesy of Arturo Solis, head referee.
by STAFF | May 4, 2015 1:37 pm | Comments (0)
Below are results from Ansonia Soccer Club matches played May 3, courtesy of Arturo Solis, head referee.
by Jodie Mozdzer Gil | Apr 13, 2015 8:11 pm | Comments (2)
If Derby gets state money to bring the high school athletic complex into compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, major changes could be in store for the Chatfield Street fields.
As city officials consider the 7-acre parcel, they are seeking public input about which fields should stay and which fields should be moved.
The Derby High School baseball field seems to be the tough piece of the puzzle to figure out.
by Press Release | Jan 14, 2015 3:55 pm | Comments (0)
On Jan. 23 at Thomas McQueeney Gymnasium, Ansonia High School will honor the 1994-1995 AHS Class L Boys Basketball State Championship team at halftime.
The game starts at 6 p.m. against Crosby High.
by STAFF | Jul 10, 2014 11:05 am | Comments (0)
Ansonia is known for dominant football teams, and officials lauded another Tuesday.
The Ansonia Soccer Club’s U14 boys team took an undefeated 11-0 record into the Joseph A Conte Recreational Tournament last month and ran the table like Germans in Brazil.
The team blanked New Haven 4-0 in the championship match.
by Jodie Mozdzer Gil | Apr 14, 2014 8:07 am | Comments (0)
Ken Marcucio Sr. stood watch over the Little League sports complex in Derby Saturday, as 102 boys and 40 girls ran around in their uniforms, tossing baseballs and meeting up with teammates as they started the season on a picture perfect opening day.
“It’s an important part of their life,” said Marcucio, the league’s president, as the players warmed up and took season photos on the league’s opening day. “That’s why I stayed involved for so long.”
How long is so long? Forty years as president of Derby Little League.
For his work and dedication, the Little League complex was named for Marcucio in a dedication ceremony Saturday before the opening pitch.
by Press Release | Jun 25, 2013 10:28 am | Comments (0)
Raeshaun Finney of Ansonia was recently selected to participate and represent the city in the Connecticut High School Coaches Association Military Bowl Senior High School All-Star Football Game.
The game will be held Saturday, June 29, at UConn’s Rentschler Field at 4:30 p.m. Activities begin at 12:30 p.m. with a Youth Experience Clinic.
General admission is $8, and proceeds from the game go to charities benefiting military veterans.