- Springtime Updates
- Apr 14, 2014 10:21 am
- It looks like we’ve turned the page of winter, so welcome to spring on the NVL Football Blog. Everybody’s been complaining about this being a slow...more »
- 2014 NVL Schedules
- Mar 26, 2014 11:03 am
- We’ve gotten our hands on the 2014 NVL football schedules. Note that each team has a bye week built into its schedule, Week 6 will be the NVL-SWC...more »
SPB’s High School Football
- FCIAC title game shifted to Saturday
- Apr 8, 2014 6:59 pm
- The FCIAC Championship game will move to a Saturday for the 2014 season after a meeting of the FCIAC Board of Directors. The game will be played...more »
- Spring football takes on greater importance at Danbury High with new coach at the helm
- Apr 8, 2014 12:38 am
- Spring practice this year for the Danbury High football team is going to be important for a few reasons. First, it’ll be the players’ first...more »
- 2014 Schedule
- Mar 26, 2014 11:19 am
2014 - Varsity
Overall 0-0; 0-0 NVL Brass Division
Date/Time Opponent Result TBA at Oxford TBA Derby TBA. at Wilby TBA. Seymour
- 2013 Ansonia Football Banquet Information
- Mar 5, 2014 8:39 am
- Three picks to win the Masters
- Apr 9, 2014 2:20 pm
1. Lee Westwood (above): He finished tied for 11th or better at Augusta in each of the last four years and is running out of chances to win his first...more »
- Johnson, Kuchar coming to Travelers
- Mar 25, 2014 12:03 pm
- Golfers Dustin Johnson and Matt Kuchar have committed to compete in the 2014 Travelers Championship, Travelers announced on Tuesday.
Johnson has...more »
Register High School Sports
- Questions answered on Super Tuesday Part I
- Sep 17, 2013 11:32 pm
We had questions about which soccer teams could rise in the SCC. Here are some of those answers:
Can anyone beat Fairfield Prep? Answer: Yes. Shelton...more »
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 11, 2012 9:39 am | Comments (0)
Coach Patrick Lynch sent along this information about the 2012-2012 Ansonia-Derby Girls Travel Basketball Team:
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 9, 2012 10:22 pm | Comments (1)
Rich Marazzi, of Ansonia, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame of the Southern Connecticut Diamond Club, Inc. at a dinner on October 17, 2012 at Monticello’s in Meriden.
Marazzi is the baseball rules consultant for the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox and Toronto Blue Jays. He has also served the Houston Astros, Arizona Diamondbacks and Cleveland Indians in the same capacity.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jul 17, 2012 2:21 pm | Comments (0)
The Shelton High School Pom Pon team is hosting a camp for girls entering grades one through eight.
Participants need to register by July 21 for the August camp.
Please see the flier below for more information.
by Diane King | Lorraine Judd Dance Center | Jul 5, 2012 10:21 am | Comments (0)
The Lorraine Judd Dance Center in Seymour recently held its annual dance recital, including this number to Billy Joel’s Goodnight Saigon.
This piece of music always reminded me of how precious life is, and those who have sacrificed their own lives for us.
by STAFF | Jul 5, 2012 9:30 am | Comments (0)
Members of the Shelton Pop Warner team will have some added protection when their season starts next month.
That’s because the organization got a grant for 24 new high-tech football helmets.
The grant for the new helmets — the model is called the Schutt Recruit Hybrid — was obtained via the National Pop Warner program.
by Liana Teixeira | Jun 25, 2012 8:44 pm | Comments (0)
Heidi Schneider, a four-year Ansonia High School basketball player, was encouraged to pursue the sport after attending a basketball camp in Derby when she was in 5th grade.
But there was nothing like that program in Ansonia — until this week.
Ansonia High School Girls Basketball Coach Patrick Lynch launched a free summer basketball camp this week for girls entering 5th through 9th grades in Ansonia, as a way to give the younger girls more exposure to the sport.
“I think this is great for them,” said Schneider, who graduated this year, and came back to help out at the new camp. “When I was little, they didn’t have anything like this.”
by Derby Pop Warner | Jun 20, 2012 1:08 pm | Comments (0)
Derby Pop Warner would like to congratulate the recipients of the Southern Connecticut Pop Warner (SCPW) scholarships.
SCPW awarded the scholarships at their June meeting.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jun 19, 2012 1:41 pm | Comments (0)
Several local runners completed the Mount Washington road race June 16. It’s America’s steepest, all-uphill road race, clocking in at 7.6 miles. Mount Washington is in Gorham, N.H.
by STAFF | Jun 10, 2012 10:45 am | Comments (0)
The Shelton Gaels dominated South Windsor Saturday to win the class LL state baseball championship 7-2.
It’s Shelton’s first state title since 1976.
by STAFF | Jun 10, 2012 7:58 am | Comments (1)
Hold your heads high, Derby!
A dream season for the Derby High School baseball team fell a bit short Saturday, as the Red Raiders lost to Cromwell 12-4 in the Class S state championship game.