- Week 7 Picks
- Oct 22, 2014 12:41 pm
- It’s time for the Naugatuck Valley League to move on with its football season. Once again, we’ll have no Game of the Week after the NVL-SWC Challenge...more »
- Picking Up the Pieces from the NVL-SWC Challenge
- Oct 21, 2014 12:31 pm
- It was a very bad weekend for the Naugatuck Valley League. It’s probably not a stretch to say it was the worst weekend in the 83-year history of NVL...more »
SPB’s High School Football
- Week 7 Guide to the Games: Brookfield, Newtown meet in SWC remacth
- Oct 23, 2014 6:00 am
- FRIDAY CSC | By Doug Bonjour Bullard Havens (4-2) at Vinal/East Hampton/Goodwin (3-3) 6 p.m. (at Palmer Field): Tigers beat previously unbeaten...more »
- Elite 8 Week 7: New Canaan, Darien remain on top
- Oct 22, 2014 10:42 pm
- Hearst Connecticut Media ranks the top high school football programs in the region: 1. NEW CANAAN (5-0 record) (59 points, 4 first-place votes): Rams...more »
- 2014: Newtown 14, Ansonia 8
- Oct 22, 2014 10:46 am
Ansonia saw their 48 game winning streak come to an end, losing a hard-fought defensive battle to #5 Newtown. Ansonia trailed 7-0 at halftime, then...more »
- Ansonia 61, ST. Paul 35
- Oct 13, 2014 8:13 am
The usually dominant Ansonia Defense got of to a shaky start in this one, but the offense and special teams picked it up. Jai'Quan McKnight scored...more »
- Rainaud wins CT Section Match Play
- Oct 15, 2014 4:27 pm
- Adam Rainaud of the Black Hall Club defeated top seed and defending champion William Street (New Haven CC) 4 and 3 to win the 24th Connecticut...more »
- Aulenti receives Lopez award from LPGA Tour
- Sep 17, 2014 1:25 pm
- Angela Aulenti (pictured above), the head professional at Sterling Farms Golf Club in Stamford, iwill receive the 2014 Nancy Lopez Golf Achievement...more »
Register High School Sports
- Questions answered on Super Tuesday Part I
- Sep 17, 2013 11:32 pm
We had questions about which soccer teams could rise in the SCC. Here are some of those answers:
Can anyone beat Fairfield Prep? Answer: Yes. Shelton...more »
by Jenny Ames | DMS Running Club | Sep 11, 2012 9:53 am | Comments (0)
On Monday, September 10, 2012 the Derby Middle School Cross Country Team faced off against Waterbury’s North End Middle School in a 1.7 mile race, the first meet of the year.
Kiley Rodriguez led the girls with a time of 11:35, followed by Rachel Fleischer, Sara Gerckens, Nicole Rizzo, and Nicolette Tasi.
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 11, 2012 9:39 am | Comments (0)
Coach Patrick Lynch sent along this information about the 2012-2012 Ansonia-Derby Girls Travel Basketball Team:
by PRESS RELEASE | Sep 9, 2012 10:22 pm | Comments (1)
Rich Marazzi, of Ansonia, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame of the Southern Connecticut Diamond Club, Inc. at a dinner on October 17, 2012 at Monticello’s in Meriden.
Marazzi is the baseball rules consultant for the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox and Toronto Blue Jays. He has also served the Houston Astros, Arizona Diamondbacks and Cleveland Indians in the same capacity.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jul 17, 2012 2:21 pm | Comments (0)
The Shelton High School Pom Pon team is hosting a camp for girls entering grades one through eight.
Participants need to register by July 21 for the August camp.
Please see the flier below for more information.
by Diane King | Lorraine Judd Dance Center | Jul 5, 2012 10:21 am | Comments (0)
The Lorraine Judd Dance Center in Seymour recently held its annual dance recital, including this number to Billy Joel’s Goodnight Saigon.
This piece of music always reminded me of how precious life is, and those who have sacrificed their own lives for us.
by STAFF | Jul 5, 2012 9:30 am | Comments (0)
Members of the Shelton Pop Warner team will have some added protection when their season starts next month.
That’s because the organization got a grant for 24 new high-tech football helmets.
The grant for the new helmets — the model is called the Schutt Recruit Hybrid — was obtained via the National Pop Warner program.
by Liana Teixeira | Jun 25, 2012 8:44 pm | Comments (0)
Heidi Schneider, a four-year Ansonia High School basketball player, was encouraged to pursue the sport after attending a basketball camp in Derby when she was in 5th grade.
But there was nothing like that program in Ansonia — until this week.
Ansonia High School Girls Basketball Coach Patrick Lynch launched a free summer basketball camp this week for girls entering 5th through 9th grades in Ansonia, as a way to give the younger girls more exposure to the sport.
“I think this is great for them,” said Schneider, who graduated this year, and came back to help out at the new camp. “When I was little, they didn’t have anything like this.”
by Derby Pop Warner | Jun 20, 2012 1:08 pm | Comments (0)
Derby Pop Warner would like to congratulate the recipients of the Southern Connecticut Pop Warner (SCPW) scholarships.
SCPW awarded the scholarships at their June meeting.
by PRESS RELEASE | Jun 19, 2012 1:41 pm | Comments (0)
Several local runners completed the Mount Washington road race June 16. It’s America’s steepest, all-uphill road race, clocking in at 7.6 miles. Mount Washington is in Gorham, N.H.
by STAFF | Jun 10, 2012 10:45 am | Comments (0)
The Shelton Gaels dominated South Windsor Saturday to win the class LL state baseball championship 7-2.
It’s Shelton’s first state title since 1976.