Ansonia school board member faces drunken driving, weapon charge. http://t.co/7H94BobqGI
SUV rollover in Derby, car into a river in Oxford. http://t.co/irCIkTiFoW
Ansonia Updates Road Situation, No School Monday
by STAFF | Feb 10, 2013 11:17 am
Posted to: Ansonia
The City of Ansonia sent a Code Red phone message Saturday morning saying they hope to open at least one lane of traffic on all roads today.
Also, schools are closed Monday.
Here is the text of the message, as sent by the city:
Road crews have been working around the clock and are continuing to clear roadways. This will continue throughout the day. The current goal for today is to open up at least one lane of traffic on all roads.
- Residents are asked to please limit their driving on city roads because it is impeding road crews and emergency personnel from performing their functions.
- All emergencies should be reported via 911. Non-emergencies can be reported to the Ansonia Police Department at 203-735-1885.
- The parking ban on all city streets is being extended until further notice. Residents are reminded that no vehicle may be parked on a city street during this time.
- All City buildings will be closed on Monday, February 11, 2013.
- All schools will be closed on Monday, February 11, 2013.
- All exterior vents for furnaces and dryers should be cleared of snow to prevent carbon dioxide build-up.
- Please check on elderly neighbors who may have difficulty exiting their residences.
- Residents are also asked to help identify and expose fire hydrants.
The City of Ansonia will send out further announcements as needed.