Follow Us

Twitter

No Injuries In Shelton Kitchen Fire

by STAFF | Jun 10, 2015 10:34 am

() | Commenting has expired | | E-mail the Author

Posted to: Shelton

photo:ethan fryShelton firefighters quickly knocked down an accidental kitchen fire at multi-family a home on Cliff Street Wednesday morning.

There were no injuries.

About 9 a.m. crews were sent to the home — at 110-112 Cliff St. — on a report of a structure fire.

They arrived to find that oil from a pot on a stove in the home had flared up, igniting an exhaust fan vent above it.

Firefighters used an extinguisher to knock down the blaze quickly, Assistant Chief Joseph Constantino said at the scene.

“There was no extension anywhere, just a good amount of smoke throughout the residence,” Constantino said.

The home is still habitable.

Responding crews — from Echo Hose Hook & Ladder Co. #1, Pine Rock Park Company #4, and White Hills Fire Co. #5 — were clearing the scene by about 9:30 a.m.

Share this story with others.

Share |

Comments

There were no comments

Events Calendar

PosterWallAdd your Poster

Sponsors

Knight Foundation Valley Foundation The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven

Sponsors have no input into or responsibility for articles published on this site.

V.I.S. Site Design & Development

smartpill design