Traffic alert: Car crash reported in Seymour at the intersection of Route 67 and Main Street.
Malloy Announces $5 Million Available In School Security Grants | Valley Independent Sentinel http://t.co/GLzHlu9urk
Shelton Grand Up 0.5 percent
by STAFF | Feb 28, 2013 2:52 pm
Posted to: Shelton
Shelton’s grand list increased slightly this year, according to numbers released Thursday by the assessor’s office.
The list, which combines the assessed value of all taxable property in the city and is used to set the property tax rate, has a value of $4.49 billion.
That’s up $21.8 million, or 0.5 percent, from the previous year.
Last year the grand list dropped more than $760 million, or about 15 percent, largely due to the city undergoing a property revaluation.
This is how the grand list breaks down:
- Real estate, $3.84 billion, up 0.6 percent, or $22.5 million
- Personal property, $341 million, up 0.5 percent, or $1.7 million
- Motor vehicles, $305.9 million, down 0.8 percent, or $2.4 million.
Also released Thursday was a list of the city’s Top 10 taxpayers and the assessed value of their taxable property in the city (numbers below are rounded, see the document posted below for exact figures):
- Robert Scinto, $238.9 million
- Pitney Bowes Inc., $52 million
- United Illuminating Co., $48.2 million
- Aquarion Water Company, $37 million
- Health Net of California Real Estate Holdings Inc., $33.3 million
- Blakeman Construction LLC, $25.7 million
- RA710 Bridgeport Ave LLC, $18.5 million
- AvalonBay Communities Inc., $17.8 million
- Shelton Square Limited Partnership, $16.8 million
- BIC Consumer Products Manufacturing, $15.4 million
There were no comments