Shelton Veteran Gets Award From West Haven VA Hospital
by Press Release | Mar 4, 2013 11:20 am
Posted to: Shelton, News by You
Shelton resident Lauren Cust, a wounded warrior from Operation Iraqi Freedom, was presented a VA Connecticut Healthcare System Recognition Award for Outstanding Work with Connecticut Veterans
Joseph Canzanella, the Acting Chief of Volunteer Services at the West Haven Veterans Administration Hospital, presented Cust with the award during the annual Female Veterans Recognition Dinner held at the Four Seasons in Stratford Feb. 14.
Some of Cust’s numerous volunteer activities mentioned at the award ceremony were:
- Created and volunteered as chairwoman of the statewide Female Veterans Committee
- A major contributor to the organization of a veterans post with the mission of assisting and informing OEF/OIF/GWOT/OND veterans.
- Assist in organizing day trips for homeless veterans under the DAV Local Veterans Assistance Program.
- Contributes to the success of Operation Gift Cards for our wounded troops.
- Is The State Liaison for Canine Battle Buddies
- Volunteers for Wounded Warrior
- Contributing Editor for CT FOB SitRep Bulletins and Newsletters – An electronic publication which assist the Derby/Shelton AMVETS (American Veterans) Post 43 with their mission of “Assisting OEF/OIF/GWOT/OND veterans and their families.
- Consistently goes above and beyond in her duties as a caseworker at the PFC Nicolas A. Madaras House to assist veterans and their families.
For information about the Derby/Shelton AMVETS Post 43 contact Al Meadows (203) 929-3357 email@example.com.
For information about the female veterans committee contact Lauren Cust (203) 733-2596 firstname.lastname@example.org
There were no comments