Here are the Shelton results from the Nov. 6 election.
The names of leading vote-getters are bolded.
Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and U.S. Senate candidate Linda McMahon garnered more votes in Shelton than their Democratic opponents, but lost their races overall. In all other races, local winners also won overall.
18,797 of 24,297 registered voters, or 77 percent.
1. Shall the Charter of the City of Shelton be revised in accordance with the report and recommendations of the Charter Revision Commission?
11,123 YES, 4,559 NO
2. Shall the $5,000,000 appropriation and bond authorization for the reconstruction and resurfacing of roads in the City of Shelton be approved?
14,563 YES, 2,818 NO
3. Shall the $1,000,000 appropriation and bond authorization for the reconstruction of Canal Street in the City of Shelton, be approved?
11,321 YES, 5,643 NO
4. Shall the $1,400,000 appropriation and bond authorization for the construction of an animal shelter in the City of Shelton, be approved?
12,220 YES, 4,999 NO
5. Shall the $3,500,000 appropriation and bond authorization for the acquisition of fire apparatus for the City of Shelton, be approved?
14,458 YES, 2,728 NO
Romney-Ryan, R 10,327
Obama-Biden, D 8,362
Anderson-Rodriguez, Justice 57
Johnson-Gray, Libertarian 158
Stein-Honkala, Green 3
Linda McMahon, R 10,168
Christopher Murphy, D 7,726
Paul Passarelli, Libertarian 337
FOURTH US CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT
Steve Obsitnik, R 7,971
Jim Himes, D 8,678
THIRD US CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT
Wayne Winsley, R 306
Rosa DeLauro, D 586
Kevin Kelly, R 11,924
STATE REPRESENTATIVE 113TH DISTRICT
Jason Perillo, R 6,574
Elaine Matto, D 2,891
STATE REPRESENTATIVE 122ND DISTRICT
Lawrence Miller, R 5,485
REGISTRAR OF VOTERS
Peter R. Pavone, R 8,073
John “Jack” Finn, D 8,745