Ansonia Police Investigating Threat At High School

ANSONIA A 15-year-old high school student has been suspended as police pursue an arrest warrant related to a threat made last week.

According to a letter sent to parents Friday (Nov. 16) by Principal Paul Giansanti, high school administrators were “informed of a potential threat against the high school community.”

“The threat was made by a student who was not present in the building today,” Giansanti said.

Giansanti’s letter did not give more details regarding the threat.

School officials called police, who assigned additional cops to the school as a precaution while investigating the threat.

“Since the investigation is ongoing, there is no additional information to share at this time,” the principal said.

Ansonia Police Lt. Patrick Lynch said Monday the student “made a pretty specific threat,” but declined to go into more detail because the investigation is ongoing.

Lynch said police were pursuing an arrest warrant charging the student with first-degree threatening.

The student is “out of school for the foreseeable future,” Lynch said.

In an email, Superintendent Carol Merlone declined to comment on the specifics of any discipline as a result of the threat.

“The incident is under investigation,” Superintendent Carol Merlone said in an email. “All the necessary steps were put into place.”

Lynch said police presence was beefed up at the high school during the day Friday and at a dance that night.

“At this point there’s been no follow-through on the threat,” Lynch said.

Comments

There were no comments