Here are the results from Tuesday’s charter revision vote in the Town of Seymour.
1) Shall the Town Charter be amended to change the following: (1) Specify the method of appointment of Deputy Registrar of Voters, (2) Reduce the size of the Board of Library Directors from seven to five, (3) Limit the number of members for all appointed boards to five members, (4) Provide for the legal notices to be posted on the Town website, (5) Elimination of the positions of Captain and Lieutenant in the Police Department, and (6) Increase the amount of special appropriation requiring a Town meeting to $100,000?
3,279 YES – 2,921 NO
2) Shall the Town Charter be amended to replace the elected Board of Planning & Zoning with an appointed Planning & Zoning Commission?
2,296 YES – 4,067 NO
3) Shall the Town Charter be amended to increase the term of the First Selectman from two to four years and to set term limits for the First Selectman?
3,148 YES – 3,330 NO
4) Shall the Town Charter be amended to change the budget process, including the elimination of the Annual Town Meeting so that the budget will go directly to referendum?
1,989 YES – 4,392 NO
5) Shall the Town Charter be amended to combine the Town and Board of Education vote at the referendum?
3,153 YES – 3,169 NO
6) Shall the Town Charter be amended to correct grammar, spelling, terminology, statutory references, outdated provisions of the Town Charter, renumber sections, and make other and technical changes as recommended by the Charter Revision Commission?
5,270 YES – 1,095 NO
7) Shall the Board of Selectmen undertake a study regarding the establishment of a Town Manager form of government?
3,030 YES – 3,275 NO
8) Shall the Town Charter be amended to set term limits for all elected boards?
5,279 YES – 1,160 NO