The following press release is from Oxford High School.
We are pleased to announce the application window is now open for the Rowland R. Strong and Edith H. Strong Memorial Scholarship.
The Rowland R. Strong & Edith H. Strong Memorial Scholarship Fund was established at the bequest of Miriam S. Strong in memory of her late parents who were advocates of supporting young people to continue their education by earning a college degree. The intent of the scholarship is to help support student(s) with financial need to earn a Bachelor’s degree.
This 4-year scholarship is renewable for up to three more consecutive years pending verification that the recipient continues to meet the eligibility criteria for renewal. We anticipate awarding several thousand dollars in scholarship funds to at least two recipients.
More information will be announced with specific award amount(s) at a later date.
Annually, at least two (2) 4-year scholarships will be awarded to Oxford residents in their senior year of high school who meet the criteria as outlined below:
1. Must be able to demonstrate financial need.
2. Must be a resident of Oxford Connecticut, but the applicant does not need to attend Oxford High School.
3. Must be a high school senior graduating in 2018.
4. Must be planning to enroll and attend a 4-year college or university as a full-time student.
5. Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or 79.5 or higher on a 100-point scale.
Applications are due April 24, 2018 by 2:30 p.m. and must be submitted to the main office at Oxford High School.
The selected recipient(s) will be invited to a scholarship ceremony held in the Oxford High School auditorium on May 24 at 6 p.m.