SPB’s High School Football
- Brookfield holds off New Fairfield to win second straight state championship
- Dec 12, 2015 3:10 pm
- Brookfield captured its second straight state championship by posting a 21-14 victory over New Fairfield in the Class M title game and getting the...more »
- Live updates: Championship Saturday
- Dec 11, 2015 9:33 pm
- Get live updates from reporters and fans at the games. CLASS M No. 2 New Fairfield (11-1) vs. No. 5 Brookfield (10-2) at West Haven High School,...more »
- Ansonia wins 20th State Championship!
- Dec 10, 2016 4:29 pm
The Ansonia Chargers beat the Rocky Hill Terriers 28-21 to capture their 20th
CIAC State Championship!!!
- Support Ansonia Football with an AD in the 2016 Program Booklet!
- Aug 9, 2016 8:17 am
- Gleeton, Hedden entering Connecticut Golf Hall of Fame Thursday
- Nov 30, 2016 8:29 pm
- Tom Gleeton and Jeff Hedden will be inducted into the Connecticut Golf Hall of Fame Thursday at Manchester Country Club.
Gleeton, a Cheshire native...more »
- Travelers Championship raises record $2.8 million towards charity
- Oct 18, 2016 6:51 pm
- The Travelers Championship announced Tuesday it generated more than $2.8 million for charity at this year’s event held last August.
It’s the...more »
Register High School Sports
- Questions answered on Super Tuesday Part I
- Sep 17, 2013 11:32 pm
We had questions about which soccer teams could rise in the SCC. Here are some of those answers:
Can anyone beat Fairfield Prep? Answer: Yes. Shelton...more »
by STAFF | Apr 19, 2016 6:30 pm | Comments (0)
Little League Opening Days are always special — the national anthem, the smell of freshly cut grass, the chance for kids to make new friends while playing the national pastime.
But Saturday’s opening day in Ansonia was a little more special than usual, thanks to some recent improvements and a tribute to the memory of a 6-year-old girl.
by Press Release | Apr 18, 2016 11:01 am | Comments (0)
Below are results from Ansonia Soccer Club matches played April 17, courtesy of Arturo Solis, head referee.
by STAFF | Apr 14, 2016 8:06 pm | Comments (0)
Shelton Mayor Mark Lauretti and the city’s Aldermen honored the 1976 Shelton High School girls basketball state championship team Thursday.
by Press Release | Apr 11, 2016 8:44 am | Comments (0)
Below are results from Ansonia Soccer Club matches played April 10, courtesy of Arturo Solis, head referee.
by Press Release | Mar 3, 2016 5:40 pm | Comments (0)
The 56th anniversary of the Casey-O’Brien New Haven County Chapter of the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame Scholar Athlete dinner will be held on Friday, April 8 at Fantasia, 404 Washington Ave., North Haven.
by Press Release | Feb 26, 2016 11:50 am | Comments (0)
The Farm Basketball Academy located at the Ansonia Boys and Girls Club will be holding March Madness Clinics on Mondays and Fridays starting March 7 and running until April 1.
The clinics are open to any boy or girl grades 4 through 12.
by STAFF | Feb 10, 2016 2:34 pm | Comments (0)
Ansonia Public Schools Registrar Mary Lynn Mott forwarded the Valley Indy two photos from Kelly Matute, a health and physical education teacher at the high school, from a unified basketball game held Tuesday.
by Jack Kramer | Jan 17, 2016 12:01 pm | Comments (0)
Years ago, former Ansonia state Sen. Gary Hale recalled Friday, Hale asked legendary Ansonia football coach Charles “Boots” Jarvis who was the best athlete who ever played for him.
“Boots never hesitated,” Hale said. “Boots said Roger — Roger Goodson.”
On Friday Goodson, who many consider the best athlete Ansonia has ever produced, was honored with a citation from the state’s general assembly during a ceremony in Hamden which Hale emceed.
by Chris Kuczo and Dylan Haviland | Dec 11, 2015 7:07 am | Comments (0)
Editor’s Note: The following story is part of an education collaborative between the Online Journalism Project and a Multimedia Journalism class at Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven.
The Shelton High School football team will compete Saturday in the Class LL state championship game against Darien High School.
Game time is 2 p.m. at Willow Brook Park in New Britain.
The Gaels are undefeated and they are top-ranked team in Class LL.
It’s quite a feat considering the number of key starting players injured this season.
“We are lucky this year where we have a lot of depth on the team. We have 74 kids so we use a philosophy of next man up,” head coach Jeff Roy said last month at practice.
by John Niski, Director of Athletics, Shelton Public Schools | Nov 18, 2015 8:59 am | Comments (0)
I am proud to announce the Shelton High School Spring SCC Scholar Athletes for Fall 2015 — Taylor Doolan and Billy Simics.