- Mid-Winter NVL Football Updates
- Feb 12, 2015 12:16 pm
- Howdy, friends! We’re back. We apologize for being away for so long. To be honest, we needed a couple of months after enduring that season. There...more »
- 2014 All-NVL Football Teams
- Dec 18, 2014 12:45 pm
- This year the NVL selected All-NVL, All-Brass, All-Copper, All-Iron and All-City teams. Here they are. All-NVL Offense QB: Jason Bradley (Naugatuck)...more »
SPB’s High School Football
- FCIAC retains championship game, Thanksgiving rivalries
- May 8, 2015 4:20 pm
- The FCIAC has reached a compromise. In the ongoing power struggle between the league and a fraction of its coaches over the football schedule,...more »
- FCIAC announces big plans to keep championship game
- Apr 29, 2015 2:10 pm
- Change is coming to the FCIAC — at least, on the gridiron. The league announced plans Wednesday afternoon to dramatically alter its football...more »
- Join the Ansonia Gridiron Club for a night out! The Coughlin Roast!
- May 4, 2015 12:16 pm
- State Semi-Finals: Ansonia 35, Windham 14
- Dec 10, 2014 10:52 am
The Chargers beat the Windham Whippets 35-14 to advance to their 5th Straight Championship game.
The weather was awful - cold and very rainy. But...more »
- Rainaud wins Lowell tournament
- May 27, 2015 12:53 pm
- Adam Rainaud, an assistant pro at the Black Hall Club in Old Lyme, shot a 4-under par 68 Tuesday to win the Walter Lowell PGA Tournament at Fox...more »
- Reed, Donald to play in Travelers Championship
- May 26, 2015 4:49 pm
- Patrick Reed, Luke Donald and Branden Grace are the three latest golfers who have committed to this year's Travelers Championship June 25-28.
Register High School Sports
- Questions answered on Super Tuesday Part I
- Sep 17, 2013 11:32 pm
We had questions about which soccer teams could rise in the SCC. Here are some of those answers:
Can anyone beat Fairfield Prep? Answer: Yes. Shelton...more »
by Press Release | May 26, 2015 9:37 am | Comments (0)
Below are results from Ansonia Soccer Club matches played May 24, courtesy of Arturo Solis, head referee.
by Press Release | May 18, 2015 12:22 pm | Comments (0)
Below are results from Ansonia Soccer Club matches played May 17, courtesy of Arturo Solis, head referee.
by STAFF | May 13, 2015 1:58 pm | Comments (0)
Below are results from Ansonia Soccer Club matches played May 10, courtesy of Arturo Solis, head referee.
by STAFF | May 4, 2015 2:37 pm | Comments (0)
Below are results from Ansonia Soccer Club matches played May 3, courtesy of Arturo Solis, head referee.
by Jodie Mozdzer Gil | Apr 13, 2015 9:11 pm | Comments (2)
If Derby gets state money to bring the high school athletic complex into compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, major changes could be in store for the Chatfield Street fields.
As city officials consider the 7-acre parcel, they are seeking public input about which fields should stay and which fields should be moved.
The Derby High School baseball field seems to be the tough piece of the puzzle to figure out.
by Press Release | Jan 14, 2015 4:55 pm | Comments (0)
On Jan. 23 at Thomas McQueeney Gymnasium, Ansonia High School will honor the 1994-1995 AHS Class L Boys Basketball State Championship team at halftime.
The game starts at 6 p.m. against Crosby High.
by STAFF | Jul 10, 2014 12:05 pm | Comments (0)
Ansonia is known for dominant football teams, and officials lauded another Tuesday.
The Ansonia Soccer Club’s U14 boys team took an undefeated 11-0 record into the Joseph A Conte Recreational Tournament last month and ran the table like Germans in Brazil.
The team blanked New Haven 4-0 in the championship match.
by Jodie Mozdzer Gil | Apr 14, 2014 9:07 am | Comments (0)
Ken Marcucio Sr. stood watch over the Little League sports complex in Derby Saturday, as 102 boys and 40 girls ran around in their uniforms, tossing baseballs and meeting up with teammates as they started the season on a picture perfect opening day.
“It’s an important part of their life,” said Marcucio, the league’s president, as the players warmed up and took season photos on the league’s opening day. “That’s why I stayed involved for so long.”
How long is so long? Forty years as president of Derby Little League.
For his work and dedication, the Little League complex was named for Marcucio in a dedication ceremony Saturday before the opening pitch.
by Press Release | Jun 25, 2013 11:28 am | Comments (0)
Raeshaun Finney of Ansonia was recently selected to participate and represent the city in the Connecticut High School Coaches Association Military Bowl Senior High School All-Star Football Game.
The game will be held Saturday, June 29, at UConn’s Rentschler Field at 4:30 p.m. Activities begin at 12:30 p.m. with a Youth Experience Clinic.
General admission is $8, and proceeds from the game go to charities benefiting military veterans.
by Press Release | May 2, 2013 1:06 pm | Comments (0)
University of New Haven senior shortstop and Derby High School alumna Christina Gelardi was named the 2013 Northeast-10 Conference Softball Player of the Year as announced by the conference office Thursday (May 2).
Gelardi had a remarkable offensive season in helping lead the Chargers to a 34-12 regular-season record and the No. 2 seed in the Southwest Division.
Gelardi currently leads the nation with a .636 on base percentage, and is also tops in the NE-10 in runs scored (55) and walks (34).