I write to respectfully ask for your vote to re-elect me as your Town/City Clerk.
I am a proud graduate of the Derby Public School and earned a BS in Finance from Quinnipiac University.
My graduate studies were completed at the University of New Haven with an MBA and a Master of Public Administration.
In 2016, I received my Connecticut Certified Town Clerk designation, the only Town Clerk in Derby’s history to earn this designation in their first term.
It has been an honor to serve our City as a member and Chair of the Board of Apportionment and Taxation, a member and President of the Board of Aldermen/Alderwomen, Chair of the Cultural Commission, and Mayor.
During my eight years as Mayor, we completed the refurbishment of the Derby Green, purchased and constructed Soccer Fields at Witek Park, obtained the land behind BJs as not cost to the City of Derby, renovated and relocated City Hall, oversaw the redevelopment of Farrell Foundry into Home Depot, the construction of BJs Warehouse, and the redevelopment of the Shop-Rite Plaza, and obtained the funding for the widening of Main Street.
My favorite achievement, however, was the development and construction our beloved Derby Riverwalk and Greenway.
During every week of my four years as Town/City Clerk I have worked in excess of the minimum 35 hours per week. In the same four years, I have taken two sick days and used only four weeks of vacation time.
When I ran for Town/City Clerk four years ago, I did not criticize anyone’s job performance and I will not criticize anyone’s job performance as I run for re-election. I will, however, tell you what has been accomplished in the past four years.
During the last four years under my leadership, the Town/City Clerk’s Office has:
- Led the conversion of a completely manual system to an integrated digital indexing of Land Records, Vital Records, Military Records, and Maps
- Re-Established the policy of issuing Hunting and Fishing permits
- Coordinates and updates Derby Website – www.derbyct.gov
- Personally notarized over 900 documents
- Scanned nearly 170,000 pages of past land records
- Recorded scanned and indexed over 28, 000 pages current land records
- Started Monthly food collection for St. Vincent DePaul Food Bank collecting nearly 5,000 food items
- Make house calls for City Residents to accommodate needs.
I hope my service and record of achievements will earn your vote on November 7, 2017. Thank you again for your consideration.
The writer is running for re-election for Derby Town Clerk on the Democratic line.
Views expressed in letters to the editor and press releases do not necessarily reflect the views of ValleyIndy.org. The Valley Indy has a 550-word limit on guest columns.