January 2018 is Literacy Volunteers’ next Tutor Training. We are looking for Valley people interested in becoming Volunteer Tutors for Adults in our community towns of Ansonia, Shelton, Derby and Seymour, who want to improve their English Language skills; reading, writing, speaking and listening.
We are also looking for persons interested in working with Special Needs adults. To take our training and Tutor 3 area Special Needs Adults in improving their Literacy skills. We currently have 3 adults who we need to placed with a Tutor.
No previous teaching experience needed…just a kind heart, patience and a desire to help others and an ability to work with this area of our community.
- New tutors are needed at the Valley Program for Literacy Volunteers for Basic Literacy (ABE) & English as a Second Language (ESOL) programs.
- You do not need to speak another language…just English!
- Free tutoring is offered to Adult students in the Valley towns of Shelton, Derby, Ansonia and Seymour, to improve their English language skills.
- Tutors do not need teaching experience. We train you!
- Volunteer tutors learn how to help enrich the life of a local adult.
- Tutors are asked for a commitment of 2 hours per week and will receive initial training, ongoing support and quarterly workshops.
- You can fill out our volunteer application online at www.lvagnh.org.
ARE YOU LOOKING TO IMPROVE YOUR READING, WRITING & SPEAKING ENGLISH SKILLS?
SIGN UP FOR FREE TUTORING IN THE VALLEY
TWO HOURS A WEEK! DAY & NIGHT CLASSES!
To register & for more information please contact Kathi Hunt
Telephone: 203-736-5420 Ext. 267
Our new location is 30 Elizabeth St., Derby (in the lower level of Team)